Keyword Search in Encore
Try Encore search and experience library search
like never before --powerful and information-rich, yet highly intuitive, simple to use and loaded with
Keyword Search in Classic Catalog
Keyword Search Tips
Tips for Better Search Results
Limiting a Keyword Search
- Entering more than one word in the search box will result in an exact phrase search.
Example -- environmental pollution
- Connect search terms with AND to find all the words in a
catalog record, in any order.
Example -- environmental AND pollution
- Connect search terms with OR to find any of the words in a catalog record.
Example -- oil OR petroleum
- To exclude a word from your search, connect the search
terms with AND NOT
Example -- aids AND NOT disease
- To truncate a word, type the beginning of the word followed by an asterisk *
Example --comput* will find compute, computer, computers, computing, etc.
- Remember -- Capitalization doesn't matter, therefore it isn't necessary to capitalize your connecting terms.
Limiting is a way to focus the results of your search to retrieve only those items you want. Limiting is available by language, material type, and location. Search results are displayed in date order, but there is an option to sort alphabetically by title or by relevance.